Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Sun, Ink

Amanda and I have been going out to different locations every day to engage people and do some tattoo stories, but it has been pretty stressful at times. We have a hard time finding people who have the time and and willing to talk to us, but they are getting done slowly. It helps that Jay is now also doing stories. We have definitely met some interesting people, both with many tattoos and some with only one. Yesterday, we talk to Lauren, a reporter who interviewed us and then we talked to her about her single tattoo as well. She is actually quite interested in knowing when I am getting my tattoo, which will hopefully be within the next week or so! I am super excited, but also pretty scared. But I think it will help my connection with people because they see that I do have something in common with them. I have felt like a fraud because I do Tattoo Stories but don't even have one myself. So that is pretty much where I am at right now: tying to stay on top of transcribing while figuring out how I am going to fit my own tattooing appointment in with it all. AND I am doing electives again next week.

- Sarah


Officially, this trip is perhaps the most disorienting I have ever been on. In a good way. The days are just so packed with stuff that they all seem to blend together in a massive, oozing, pulsing tangle of memories. Like the day we moved out of Keyano. That day was long enough to feel like two days. And Canada Day was pretty long as well. For the first two full days, I felt was if an entire week had gone by. Same things seems to be happening here. I doesn't help, I suppose, that the sun goes down really, really late. But meh.
So, Tuesday was a Tuesday kind of day. Y' know, the kind of day that is just there. Kids came into the Dugout, we hung out. Had a super long debrief in the evening. Day to day stuff. I spent most of the day coding... finishing the new King's Kids layout and beginning to adapt it for the blog that is accompanying it. That is a bit of a daunting task. I have reams of data to go through, edit, delete, change... all in all, an enjoyable challenge.

Cheers!

- Mike

No comments: