Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Canada Day MADNESS!!!!

We interrupt this broadcast for a special news bulletin from Mike:

So, I have now been appointed as blogmaster and we are kicking Sarah out. lol, what goes around...

Three days, and I already think that Fort McMurray rox. I'm excited for the summer.
Just thought I would throw that in.

We now return to your normal Canada Day broadcast:

Yesterday was Canada day and we had lots of fun!!! I had the opportunity with nine others to be clowns in the parade. We walked and skipped behind the Kaos cruiser, giving candy to the kids. At noon we were at the Borealis Park around the dugout. Some of us dressed as clowns and others helped with the BB. We had lots of fun meeting the kids and making them smile. It was a great day to celebrate with the community of Fort McMurray.
-Ailin

So I was the creepiest clown ever, but it was actually pretty funny. Vivian from the Baptist church brought her face paint, which she has for doing dramas when she was in OM. It was cool, she did my face, Sarah and Sam's and it looked cool. We all started with a completely white face and the design went on top. Sarah had flowers and Sam had some weird geometric shapes but mine was like, stereotypical clown. I had the red smile, rosy red cheeks and actually some orange eyebrows and a red nose :o) It was exciting and fun. There were nine clowns.
Fort McMurray has some pretty insane festivities and FRED PENNER CAME!!! THAT'S RIGHT!! I SAW FRED PENNER LIVE!!! :D:D:D It was actually so amazing! :o) We then had drama where we did The Rock and The Lifehouse skit. I got uberly thrown about, and if you've ever seen the drama you'll understand how much the main character gets beat up. I was she and Adam enjoyed throwing me at the ground. It was actually pretty awesome looking and apparently really effective. There were a lot of positive comments surrounding it and apparently we're doing it again for some churches so that's pretty awesome. Overall, a great day.
-Seana

No comments: