Saturday, June 21, 2008

Updates and Apologies

I just want to say that I am very sorry for slacking on my duties as "Blog Master". We have been profusely busy but that is no excuse. I will be getting back into the grove of things and stay on schedule form now on. Now I did miss todays blog post and this one is technically for tomorrow. Therefor I will not update it tomorrow but will resume on Monday about Sunday. It is the KAOS Birthday Bash tomorrow so there will hopefully be lots to talk about. Also, the rest of our team should be showing up tomorrow so you will soon be hearing from more voices on here. And maybe not so much from me personally! haha I'm sure that would make you happier. I do have my own blog already after all. I think that is good for now. Have a good continued weekend.

- Sarah


Friday our team was able to volunteer in the Summer Solstice. It is this big event that is free for all to attend. It is targeted towards kids but everyone enjoys it. There is a free BBQ, face painting, a clown with balloons, bubbles, chalk drawing, bouncy castle, stage with live bands, etc. It was great to be outside all day setting up, tearing down, helping at various stations and the KAOS booth. I loved spending time with the kids at the bouncy castle as well as stopping random people to give them KAOS fliers and tell them about the station. Just being outside and doing a physical project was awesome.
So, Saturday was the big skate competition. There were not as many people as we thought would come out but it was still good. The competitors were able to show off their tricks and they all seemed to have a good time. We were also able to clean the 7/11 lot with the Tennessee team. It was a really good experience and a lot of fun too. We had a few people stop by to see what we were up to and one told us that we were wasting our time. For now the lot looks a lot better and it was great to do a project in the community.

- Amanda

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well hopefully you somehow reached out to this mystery guy..maybe he thought about what you all were doing after he walked away!
-Pam