Wednesday, June 11, 2008

The Soup Kitchen

Sorry it is so late today, but we didn't get into the Dugout until 10:15 and I had to leave to go serve at the soup kitchen. It was pretty good. I met a few people but we were all pretty much stuck in the kitchen dishing out cream of broccoli and cauliflower soup, sloppy joe's and corn. I saw Francois* there, who I am interviewing later today for Ink Speaks, and I met this guy who called himself Randy River. He was a character for sure. He actually asked me to marry him a couple times while I was sweeping. I guess a good cleaning skills really does attract a man! haha Totally kidding! I met some really nice lady's who were also serving along with me and Bill. Oh and today is my birthday! I am 19! That is pretty much my day so far. Now I'm off to play pool.

- Sarah

Yesterday was tonnes and tonnes of meetings. It was good though, it got quite a bit of things laid out. There was a group meeting, a meeting with leaders and Kayla about electives and other programming and a meeting with just leaders, the debriefing, the brief leader meeting after that. So tonnes of meetings, however aside from meetings I didn't get to play Rock Band because of the meetings, haha, but that's okay. Amanda's team won. We're brushing up on our pool skillz though because apparently I am not good... at all. That's okay though, there seems to be a bit of practice time left in my future. I met Travis today who is very good at pool, maybe he'll teach me something?

- Seana

No comments: