Monday, June 9, 2008

Good Times....

Hey! My name’s Lukas! I’m the videographer on the team. I’m going to be working on some videos for local organizations and a full length movie for the team. The full length movie is going to be uploaded in parts every once in awhile to you tube under the user “KaosRepo” so you’ll be able to see what and how we’re doing here! I met Rick Kirschner on a mission trip to Ecuador in 2004. During the fall of 2007, he offered me a small cubicle office at the Kaos Radio station in Peterborough. In exchange I would make videos for him and Kaos Radio anytime. I’ve owned a small unregistered free-lance video production company that I call Good Times Productions for over 5 years making videos for a lot of different people, events, charities, churches, organizations, concerts, television shows, and competitions around Ontario. I decided to come on this trip to gain more knowledge and experience with video production and hope that some of my videos might impact the people of Fort McMurray. If you have any questions about the videos, feel free to e-mail me at lukas@kaosradio.com.

--=--=--=--=--=--=--=--

My name is Ailin, and I have been put in charge of the Kitchen. This means that I am the one who keeps the team fed. This task keeps me most of the time close to the dugout where we eat our meals. On Saturday we divided our team in two and half the team went to the dugout and the other half went to clean the Kaos radio station. We had that evening off to relax, so we went to Rick's apartment and had BBQ steak for supper, and went for a hike. We had a fun weekend and are looking forward for another week at the dugout.

--=--=--=--=--=--=--=--

Alright back to me. Funny story about our hike. We went for a hike like Ailin said. (Her name is pronounced Eye-lean by the way, as in "I lean on the wall".) Elizabeth, Rick's daughter took us through the woods near their house. Caterpillars are everywhere here and one landed on my leg and I cried a little. Then as we were hiking we heard this guy yelling "Bear in two minutes. Bear in two minutes." Elizabeth was just like guys let go! And we all started moving rather quickly through the bush. Adam and Hannah had decided to go down the landslide and we working their way up. As she was climbing, yelled up to us, "Guys, he's saying BEER!" Apparently, he was drunk and a few guys were having a party on the lookout... So basically we were running from a non-existent bear. Oh and the guy told us a great story about how bears can't run downhill using very colourful language afterward... Fun Times!

- Sarah

No comments: