Tuesday, June 24, 2008

The new kid on the block...

Well well...after the long four day trek I have finally arrived
and yesterday was my first day here in Fort McMurray.
I had some time to get oriented a bit with my surroundings
and get oriented.
Made my first trip out with the 'Ink Speaks' crew and had some
positive leads. All in all not a bad first day.

- Jay

I just got back from the Soup Kitchen with Seana. It was my
second trip there but I haven't been for about 2 weeks.
Again it was a great experience. I washed a lot more dishes
than before though, that's for sure. I did feel like I had
less interaction with the people coming to the Soup Kitchen.
I worked with new people this time as well. And I must add,
the chili was amazing and garlic bread was so delicious, we
brought some of the left over bread home with us. It was
great that we had enough food because last time we did end
up running out and made up a bunch of cheese and mayo sandwiches
because that is all we had.
Well ya, that's pretty much my day so far. I guess I was really
supposed to be talking about yesterday because that is how this
works but being the BLOG MASTER I feel I have the right to write
about what I want. HA! well maybe not...


-Sarah

No comments: