Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Rockin' At The Dugout!

So I have now been appointed as the blogger and we are kicking Seana out.

So yesterday, we hung out at the dugout. It was pretty slow for the first few hours. Once school got out though, the place was hoppin'. We had a Rock Band tournament scheduled for 4-6pm. It really didn't start until 5-ish though because no one seemed to be that interested. I actually had to run outside as a group of kids were walking by and tell them the tourney was going on, but we eventually had three teams of 3. Team one: Cassie, Manal, and Delvin. Team two: Dustyn, Cordell, and me. Team three: Missy, Seana, and Alex. We had two rounds and whoever had the highest number of points after both won. It was a close call, but I definitely failed on those drums during the second song. I was on medium difficulty, which ended up being a lot tougher than I though it would be. Some kids were crazy! Missy is definitely incredible. She rocks hard every time. Pretty much every kid who played could beat me pretty thoroughly. Noah was originally going to be on our team but he had to get going. In the end, team one finished first and got free slushies AND they were the first to sign our Rock Band Champs Summer '08 guitar shaped poster.

I never got a chance to get out to the skate park but I heard some pretty great tales. Apparently there are some crazy BMXers around. Mark and Eric, I am told, were "ripping". (I'm not really up on my skater lingo.) They are part of a bike group the Peasantry (I hope I spelled that right Leah). Then there were to wicked skaters named Brandon and Brandon who were definitely blowing Adam right out of there. Oh and at one point, kids were out on the lawn flipping. Yes, just showing off all the crazy flips they could do. It was soo crazy! I was scared someone was going to get kicked in the face.

Alright so that is pretty much what was happening. A lot of the day was spent just hanging out and getting to know kids. There is always a ping pong or pool game going on and usually someone banging on a djembe. And there is the constant noise of Rock Band going on in the background. There is a different activity every day. Today is volunteer day so you will hear more on that tomorrows post.

1 comment:

Mike said...

FON! Sounds like a good time!