Friday, August 1, 2008

the capital E

Hey! what's up everybody? I know I haven't done a blog in quite awhile so here it is! I've been running into a lot of problems with the 3rd part of the Kaos Repo Co Documentary lately which has been a little frustrating but I'm sure the video will be completed in just a little while! I've also began working with a Canon GL2 Camcorder so the video will look quite a bit better than the first couple of parts. I've also ordered a new macbook for college that will help me with a little bit with working-on-the-go. I've been helping Kaos Radio with some on-air stuff, just covering the afternoon DJ if he needs to take a day off. Other than that there's not too much else going on. Thanks to everyone for your prayers for the team and I hope you all are having an amazing summer!

~Lukas Stevens~



Hey everybody! Promises, promises, I know. Things here have have been really crazy as we near the edn of our trip which is in *shock!* two weeks!!! Time has just flown by! But enough about how busy we are gearing up for our second graffiti cleanup tomorrow or interPLAY which is in a week; lets talk about... Edmonton!!! Specifically the West Edmonton Mall which we spent three - yes THREE - of our four days at. While the mall is huge and has some really awesome things in it, three days had even the most shop-a-holic girls worn out. That being said, we didn't spend three full days in the mall, we also hit up some other sweet spots as well. Like on Saturday, when a group of us went to Whyte Avenue to go to a farmers market and just wander around. Whyte Ave. was cool because it had a very old-school, artsy feel to it - a feeling heightened by the eclectic nature of the shops. While the girls were out shopping, Jay and I (Lukas and Bill opted into an early start at the mall for some reason... lol) were completely distracted by the amount of good, artistic graffiti covering the area. And so we set out on a graffiti walk. We found many cool pieces of art, but the walk was capped when we found an entire wall done up in a giant graffiti mural by about 12 different artists. It was way cool! The girls had a fun time shopping and even managed to get me to buy some things and all in all it was a fairly restful weekend.

- Mike

No comments: